On this week’s show Sean interviews Jon MacDonald, founder and president of The Good, a conversion rate optimization firm that helps brands convert more of their existing website traffic into buyers.
With names like Adobe, Nike and The Economist on its client list, it’s fair to say that The Good has been a success- confirmed by its position on Oregon’s list of top 20 fastest growing private companies.
Hardly surprising, given that many brands that have worked with The Good have seen a 100% increase in revenue, on average.
Jon knows a thing or two about encouraging site visitors to take action, and shares his expertise on conversion optimisation in publications, such as Entrepreneur and Inc.
In addition to this, Jon volunteers for several causes throughout the Pacific Northwest and is an active committee member of industry associations and peer groups, such as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO).
Sean and Jon discuss a number of topics in today’s show, including:
- Jon’s background and how he came about founding The Good
- Why Jon hasn’t been tempted to diversify The Good’s services, and why there’s value in expertise
- Jon’s personal approach to CRO: The Conversion Growth Programme
- The nature of tests that Jon runs to establish the best method of conversion optimisation for clients and how false data can misguide businesses
- The most common issues among clients at the start of new CRO projects: navigation and branded terms
- When clients should expect to see gains, and when improvements are likely to level out
- The specificities of two services offered by The Good: Data-Driven Redesign and Audit-Only Research. These are just two CRO services that clients can choose
- How companies that can’t afford to invest in third-party services can implement their own CRO strategy and how these techniques can put companies at a much better starting place if they do invest in a service, such as The Good at a later date.
Want to learn more? Check out The Good’s content. Sign up to the weekly email list for tips on how you can help your own business with CRO.
Does your website receive at least 10k hits each month? Try out The Good’s free landing page assessment.
Contact John directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services Jon mentions:
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes, Stitcher and now on Spotify. If you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS