On this week’s Click and Convert podcast, Sean interviews Naeem Arif. With nearly 30 years of experience as a business owner and management consultant, Naeem has provided consultancy to CEOs, directors and senior leaders of major corporations around the world. He’s developed a formidable reputation for his success over the years in an array of different industries, including retail, hospitality, manufacturing, consulting and the public sector.
He has experience working with some of the world’s biggest brands – Jaguar Land Rover, BBC and British Airways to name but a few – and has been involved with 26 different transformation projects, helping to deliver over £1 bn of success during this time and providing support with the most recent business challenges, such as the GDPR and brexit.
However, this hasn’t been at the cost of his own business ventures. Naeem is also the CEO of a number of multi-award-winning companies, employing 22 people in the Midlands.
On top of all of this, Naeem has shared his expertise in his four Amazon best-seller books, published in English, Mandarin and Russian, and today, he shares his expertise with us.
Sean and Naeem cover a whole host of topics, including:
- What Naeem means by advocating ‘Business Basics First’, as referred to in his latest book Customer First: How the best loved brands convert and retain customers
- Where responsibility for customer service should lie within a business, and how it can extend further than your ‘customer service’ staff
- Practical advice for becoming a ‘customer first’ business and how all employees must share the same mindset for it to become possible
- The main stages of a customer-first transformation journey, and the importance of realising, and accounting for the fact, that a customer’s experience of your business isn’t necessarily a linear journey.
- Why leading on price is never a good idea- make customers value your business through a unique product or service
- How businesses can understand, and calculate, lifetime value and how doing good deeds for your customers can reap long-term rewards
- An explanation of the three key sections in Naeem’s book: Create, Share and Retain. Naeem also explains why businesses should focus more energy on the retain stage
- What Naeem thinks the modern customer journey looks like and how speed, simplicity and having multiple touch points are vital components
- How businesses can monitor and measure their own customer service level and how the Net Promoter Score is one of the easiest way to do this.
Got more questions for Naeem? Get in touch:
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes, Stitcher and now on Spotify. If you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS