In this week’s show we speak to Gabe Weisert, managing editor of Zuora’s ‘Subscribed’ magazine and co-author of the recently released Subscribed: Why the Subscription Model Will Be Your Company’s Future – and What to Do About It. Gabe has previously written for Yahoo!, Forbes.com, and Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report. Sean and Gabe discuss a range of topics covered in Gabe’s latest release including:
- What exactly is the Zuora platform and how it allows businesses to convert their business into a subscription service.
- How the subscription model can be beneficial to businesses and how even big brands, such as Caterpillar, have adopted this subscription model, as well as why certain subscription businesses haven’t been successful in the past.
- The key implications on revenue, and what you should be aware of before you embark on the shift towards a subscription business model.
- How your audience and SLA should be the key focus of your business model.
- Why the four Ps of marketing (Price, Product and Promotion and Place) might not be as important as they used to be.
- How the shape of your business and make up of your team will change as you make the shift to a subscription model.
- The starting blocks for businesses looking to transition to subscription services and how a subscription model is suitable for every business as we transfer from an ‘asset to access’ mindset.
Want to find out more about applying the subscription model to your own business? Buy your copy of Subscribed: Why the Subscription Model Will Be Your Company’s Future – and What to Do About It. You can also take heed of Zuora’s inspiring advice by listening to the Subscribed podcast, or attending one of their global Subscribed conferences.
Get in touch with Gabe via Twitter or LinkedIn.
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes, Stitcher and now on Spotify. If you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS