In this week’s show we interview Glenn Fisher, founder of AllGoodCopy.com, a free online resource for direct response copywriters and marketers. For over a decade, Glenn has worked with Agora, a multi-million pound international financial publisher and now writes on a freelance basis as well as coaching aspiring copywriters. In this interview, Glen delves into the wisdom behind his recent publication ‘The Art of the Click: How to Harness the Power of Direct-Response Copywriting and Make More Sales’, covering a range of topics including:
- What exactly is copy, and the difference between direct and indirect-response copywriting
- What experience goes into becoming a successful direct-response copywriter, and why it’s worth taking time to respect your copy- even if you don’t invest in a copywriting specialist
- How direct-response copywriting is essential when it comes to the success of Google and Facebook Ads
- The importance of reading and researching the entire way through the copywriting process and how getting inside the subject makes writing so much easier
- How we can leverage rote learning to learn copywriting
- The importance of touching emotions in copywriting to sell products
- The four Ps and Us in copywriting and how they help you produce quality copy
- The role a headline plays in the efficiency of your ad copy and the other ways you can attract attention to your copy
- Why you need to get creative with your use of testimonials in your copy
- The importance of giving users and incentive to make the click, and how clarity is vital in your call to action.
- Knowing when to stop writing and managing your time.
Want to know more? Buy Glenn’s book ‘The Art of the Click: How to Harness the Power of Direct-Response Copywriting and Make More Sales‘
Get in touch with Glenn:
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.
Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes, Stitcher and now on Spotify. If you like it we’d be grateful if you could leave a review.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS