In this week’s podcast, we interview Paul Goggin, author of ‘Cloud First: Why Your Technology Is Killing Your Small Business And What To Do About It‘. With over 20 years of experience in the IT industry, working with some of the largest global corporations, Paul now runs his own company Innovo Consulting. Innovo Consulting specialises in helping small businesses with tight budgets to save time, money and the environment, using Cloud technology.
In the podcast, Paul shares some of his industry insight on a range of Cloud-based topics, including:
- The typical scenarios Paul finds businesses in when they are struggling with their IT infrastructure, and at what point it becomes economical to hire an IT professional to help them, as well as how a business might choose the right IT support for their needs.
- The difference between On Premise and Cloud First IT solutions. Paul covers how Cloud First affects communication methods, and how businesses can remain in control of their apps and data, even after moving to a Cloud First solution.
- How businesses with weaker internet connections can still benefit from a Cloud First solution.
- How businesses can ensure the security of their Cloud-based data, covering issues such as ransomware, GDPR and 2 Factor Authentication.
- The first steps a business should take to adopt the efficient model that Cloud First solutions offer, and how Paul encourages his clients to adopt the new processes that he suggests.
- FREE copy of Paul’s new book, “Cloud First – Why Your Technology Is Killing Your Small Business And What To Do About It”
- Google G Suite
- Acronis for backup of computers to the cloud
- Spanning cloud backup
- Webroot Anti Virus and Malware protection
As always if you have any questions you can get in touch via Twitter @SeanClark.